Friday, October 28, 2011

Home Hunting: The Hunt for our Next Home

Obviously this post is purely window shopping at this point. Josh and I aren't even in South Carolina yet, and it would be ideal to have employment in place before hopping into our next home (paying your bills is good, mkay). Looking for a home in AZ is primarily related to location. Unless you are getting a super custom home, or a much older home, the term "cookie cutter" is very appropriate. HOA's are the rule, not the exception. This results in most homes not only being practically on top of each other in master planned subdivisions, but also most homes being the same variation of a shade of one color, with similar trims, front yards, etc.

Perhaps I am biased. My mother complained about the homes in AZ as long as I can remember. For the most part, I didn't really care, until I started visiting places in other states. It really came to the forefront of my mind when we made our first trip to NY in 2007. Oh, the homes in Wading River are just magical. I was entranced driving around and seeing these super old homes, all on large plots of land in wooded areas, and all so unique. I didn't know that was what I wanted until I saw it.

I would love to share pictures of homes in the area with you, however, I am unable to at the moment considering my current location. As soon as we arrive at our destination, I will get busy snapping up pictures of our new cozy habitat in Taylors, SC. Turns out, pretty much no one takes pictures in SC. Except for J's parents, because I made them, ha. So, here is my one glorious example of a magnificent home in SC:


I've been showing this picture of Grandma & Papa's house to Mikey on a regular basis. Isn't it lovely? Mikey is very excited about playing in those trees behind the house :)

I should probably clarify that some folks DO enjoy living right on top of one another in the land of the Palmetto. However, our dream of a nice wooded lot with trees for the kiddos to romp around in doesn't seem like such an impossibility anymore.

Anyway, I look to make this a regular part of the blog in about 2 months. It is going to be so much fun finding a place to dwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment