Saturday, April 12, 2008

1 Pregnant Blogger

There is a woman (from a blog that I love to read) that recently went through an experience very similar to mine (in terms of the whole unexpectedly getting pregnant, and then going through an early miscarriage). She seems like a terrific lady, and I was very sympathetic to her situation. I even could relate to the cycle disaster one goes through after a miscarriage. Your ovaries really don't know if they are coming or going, and everything is all out of whack. Anyway, she had her miscarriage just a few weeks before mine, and we've been going through similar experiences since that point. It even seems that things have finally become normal again for me just shortly after things became normal again for her. She recently discovered that she is pregnant again! I'm very excited for her, and hopeful for me. I have to admit that after going through that experience, I didn't think anything would be normal again.

Now, in my experience, I thought that if I were ever to become pregnant again I wouldn't tell a living soul until that magical 13th week when all would be well and it was "safe." I figured this blogger would do the same thing, but she surprised me when she announced that she was only 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. But, she makes a valid point. Last time the internet didn't find out she was pregnant until the miscarriage had already started --- so she received a whole lot of "woah, bummer, I'm sorry's" for the last pregnancy, and hardly any "Congrats on being knocked up!", and I think this time she just wants to experience the joy of it all and be excited for every part of it. I'm not sure I'm convinced that I will follow in her footsteps, but I may have to due to the lack of alcohol in my life. The friends are probably going to catch on pretty quickly, lol. But it is something to consider :) To keep a secret, or to let the baby out of the bag... hmmm...

Read more about Leah's exciting news at AGirlAndABoy.com.