Friday, October 11, 2013

POAS (& other things from the TWW)

Does that all sound like gibberish?

It used to, to me, too. I found myself "knocked up" with my first two children without much fanfare or thought. It was easy.

And now, this. 3 chemical pregnancies, and I've become frantic in my quest to conceive a third child. When you can't get pregnant, the answer usually resides in ovulation issues. Usually. Easy peasy. Bam. Clomid for you, and now you shall have all the babies. But, for me, I CAN get pregnant. If I get pregnant again this cycle, it will be my 4th time in 7 months. Even if I don't get pregnant, I'm still batting a .500, which is pretty phenomenal, considering a healthy couple only has a 20% of conceiving each month they are actively trying. And, I have had two healthy babies, so I'm left to wonder, WTF is going on?

I feel confident that I will eventually conceive and remain pregnant with our 3rd child, but the wait is really starting to get to me. This month I took Soy Iso (referred to as Nature's Clomid) and am supplementing my progesterone since I confirmed ovulation. If that doesn't work, I will try Clomid next month (the downside to Clomid is the increased risk of multiples, but I don't even consider that to be a risk at this point. I want some babies, dangit!) along with progesterone supplements again. Apparently progesterone is vital to sustaining a pregnancy, and is the first thing to diminish as you get older. Because I'm ancient at the age of 30. Apparently.

Someday, I will show my 3rd child this post, so they can know how crazy they made me, even before they were conceived. If you are reading this now, you were totally worth it.

{when you get really neurotic about trying to get pregnant, there are other things you can pee on besides pregnancy tests. These are ovulation tests. When the test line is as dark as the control line - or darker - you will supposedly ovulate in the next 12-48 hours. I peed on about 30 of these this month, so thankfully these cheap strips are only about .20 cents each. Of course, now that I'm on the other side of ovulation, the madness of waiting until I can pee on sticks again. I'm pretty sure this must be what meth addicts are like.}

No comments:

Post a Comment