Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2013!

With 2013 just a few days away, I thought I would mention my goals for the new year!

1) Faith! It is time. J and I need to find a church and get our kiddo's to Sunday School on a regular basis! The last (almost) 30 years of my life, it seems like every step I took forward, I have taken two steps back with my faith. In the ultimate act of rebellion (when one has an atheist parent) I'm ready to stop worrying so much about what other's think, and start nurturing mine and my families relationship with Christ!

2) Home! I've been reading Home Comforts and Martha Stewarts Homekeeping Handbook, and I'm totally in love with making a cozy, comforting nest for my sweet babies and handsome man. I grew up in an environment where taking care of a home and the things inside a home weren't exactly championed. In fact, I'm embarrassed to admit that by the time Josh found me, I didn't even know how to load a dishwasher (but I did know my way around a washing machine!). I grew up in a disaster, and I make it an effort not to repeat the cycle (though I do fail on many days). I'm so excited to continue making a loving home for my family!

3) Health! Two weeks ago, J and I walked away from artificial sweeteners  and so far, we haven't looked back! I'm looking forward to doing the same with grains and sugar before the new year starts. Ancestral eating is something we have long believed in (much like we have believed that artificial sweeteners can cause a myriad of health issues), and we are ready to embrace it and start reaping the health benefits!

4) Family! J and I are kind of in to the idea of throwing some more babies into the mix. Mikey has informed me several times that he needs a little sister, and I finally shrugged my shoulders and said "hey, Mommy might have another baby, but I can't promise that it will be a girl!"

5) (because 4 seems like an odd number, even though it isn't) Work! I seriously love the work I've been doing the last few months, and I'm so excited to learn more. I've always been a person to "whistle while I work," but I can easily say that what I'm doing now is by far the coolest thing I've ever done! I love it, and I am so excited to keep at it in 2013!

I just looked back at my goals post for 2012, and even though those were sort of BIG goals, J and I accomplished all 3 of them! So stoked for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment