Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Scared and sad...

I almost can't believe the results of yesterday's election.

I shouldn't be surprised.

I've long held the belief that people do not truly desire fairness, rather, they wish for things to be unfair to their advantage. Once the "folks" began to realize they could vote themselves benefits, the party that offered those benefits was hard to resist. Never mind the constitution, or the core values this country was founded on. It is crazy to me that it was such an even split - almost 50/50 exactly. I'm worried about what will happen when the money runs out, when the "rich" folks (and job creators) that everyone wants to tax to death finally vote with their dollars and LEAVE. I'm worried the economic situation in this country is going to become even more dire than it already is, and I'm scared for the impact this election will have directly on my family. After all  in the last 2 years, my husband and I have lost 3 jobs between the two of us.

I think the hardest part of all for me is that socially, my beliefs have moved more from a libertarian stand point (regarding abortion) to a more faith based belief. As I grow up, my beliefs become more conservative, at the same time the country seems to be moving to a more liberal system of beliefs.

Scared. I'm scared. I hate to feel that way. I'm trying to occupy my mind with other things, but it is hard to focus on anything else. One thing for sure - I know I need to stop focusing on the world outside my control, and turn my efforts inward to my own roof (and community). There are too many wonderful things in the life to be distraught over the goings on of DC, and it is time to concentrate on my sweet boys, my wonderful husband, and our life together.


No comments:

Post a Comment