Friday, October 19, 2012

Life Altering Pumpkin Chip Cookies...

I'm always looking for a shortcut, especially when it comes to baking. Other recipes that might fall into this category are the Dump Cake and my former boss's Apple Cake recipe. I couldn't find a recipe online for the apple cake, so now I'm going to have to go out and buy the ingredients to make one. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, cookies!

I can't help but make everything out of pumpkin this time of year. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin chili, pumpkin pumpkin. They are on my mantle AND my dining room table. I've got one hanging up in our foyer. They are everywhere! When I stumbled on this recipe, I knew my life would be changed forever.

Here is the cast of ingredients.

I know, right? I package of spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Recipe yields 2 dozen big fat cookies (if you use an icecream scoop, like i do).







These cookies are weird because they don't really move or change much after you scoop them onto the pan. They don't flatten out, or rise up... they pretty much come out the way they go in. So I guess I'm trying to say, feel free to let them lie close to one another on your cookie sheet - they aren't going anywhere!

They turned out soft, and delicious. I kept mine on a plate with a papertowel over them for a few days and they still stayed soft. Sticking these in a closed container (or ziplock bag) will results in a moist mess, and I would not suggest it.

Is everyone else loving October?

No comments:

Post a Comment