Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Fall: Slow Cooking

I think fall was made for slowing down. I've decided to bring out my old friend "crock-pot" and her sister "dutch oven" for some quality time this week. Included in the menu plan are Jambalaya, Chili, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Beef Stew and Stuffed Peppers! I promise to take pictures and share them, along with the recipes.

I'm itching to learn something new. I was considering knitting, but it doesn't seem practical. Perhaps sewing? If I get really good, I should be able to take in all the clothes that will be falling off as I lose weight, rather than having to buy all new stuff.

The sun finally came out today, and the weather is warming up a bit (into the low 80's) for the rest of the week. After spending most of my life in the desert, I'm really looking forward to the cooler temps this month!

Just for fun - here is a picture from last October, compared to this October. I can't believe how big they are now!



Yes, Johnny does have pants. He just doesn't wear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment