Saturday, July 14, 2012

The house that became our home...

It is happening. Really. In less than 2 weeks time, we will be getting the keys to our very own home! She is already beautiful, just how she is, but I'm so excited for the opportunity to transform her and make her our own. For a while it will be bit by bit, and a little at a time (if the budget even allows for that) but luckily my preferences tend towards the rustic/vintage/country lived in look, and less of the ultra modern beautiful and pristine (aka, more expensive).

I'm going to take a million and a half pictures of the home empty, so I have plenty of "before" photos to reference.

In the mean time, I'm completely unprepared for the idea of packing for the move. There .2 miles, and 31 seconds (by car) or 3 minutes (by foot) and 7 front doors between the home we are living in now and the home we just bought. I'm of the opinion that I should be able to just throw everything into a car without packing it and just move it from the car to its new home in the new house. I know I'm oversimplifying, but thankfully, due to our previous cross country move, and the purging we have done since arriving in SC, we just don't have a lot of stuff to move. Not anything that J, Papa and their two pickup trucks can't handle, anyway. Also not sure when I should have all our services transferred over (utilities and mail delivery, for the most part, though I suppose I should add notifying the DMV to that list as well). So very grateful - I can't believe this is actually happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment