Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Uncharted Territory


Up until this point, being a mom was something fun I got to do after work and on the weekends. Honestly, most of my time at home with my boys involved play time, and otherwise keeping them entertained while I attempted to assist Josh with some other task around the house (usually making dinner).

Now I find myself in a place where I finally have the opportunity to do the "mom" gig full time, and I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself, my house, or my children. I know that I'm certainly not the first woman to go from working outside the home to being a full time homemaker, but I'm suddenly feeling quite unsure of myself. I guess you could say that I just don't want to screw this up. Who knows - I might have to go back to work and entrust my children in the care of someone else a few months from now if we can't swing it on one income, but in the meantime, I'd like to at least know that I tried my best.

So, I suppose that this blog will become focused on that particular aspect of my life right now - We should spend our first night in the new place on March 1st - after that expect a whole bunch of blogging about this crazy new adventure. And - if you know of any resources for the completely hopeless but very willing new SAHM, I would love to know about it!

On a side note, and I hope I'm not offending anyone here, but I can't WAIT to get into our own place from a time management stand point alone. I know that I will be spending the majority of my day interacting with my children, but I feel like I am completely unable to step away from them for even a small amount of time unless someone else can watch them. More specifically, my youngest. My in-laws have a wonderful home, but it isn't suited to very small children that have no concept of gravity, and the perils of playing on brick faced fireplaces.

I rest my case.



No comments:

Post a Comment