Tuesday, January 24, 2012

In the Margins...

Even though I'm currently experiencing a slower pace of life right now, there seems to be a lot going on in the sidelines.

The job (my job) didn't work out. I could say a million things about how something just didn't feel right from the moment I walked in to start, but the simple fact of the matter was that the job wasn't what I thought it would be. Travel. Sales. It felt like a pit of misery, and no one there seemed really happy. All that really mattered was that they misrepresented the amount of travel required, and I wasn't willing to travel as frequently as they actually needed. 3 days is definitely my record for length of time on a job (considering I was with GE nearly 10 years).

With that in mind, I've officially begun the process of becoming certified to teach here in SC so that I can fulfill a longtime dream of mine and finally start teaching. I won't actually be able to start until August, so in the meantime I'm going to wear spend my day smooching on my babies, and hopefully picking up some new skills (ie, knitting) and getting situated in our own place.

Will keep on updating here!

-Ker

No comments:

Post a Comment