Friday, October 1, 2010

{hot hot heat}

I hate to wish the days away, but these last few weeks of September have been simply dreadful. I can't remember a hotter September, so I continued looking forward to October and playing pretend indoors that Fall really was right around the corner. Imagine my dismay when the high for October 1st in my neck of the woods is 104.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so devastating if I hadn't spent the last few days of September getting a handle of Mikey's closet. Out with the old, in with the new. It was amazing to discover exactly how much clothing we have accumulated for our son since his birth. I have approximately 20 large garbage bags FULL of various sizes of little boy clothing, ranging from the unopened newborn onesies that Mikey never fit into, to the most recently filled bags of size 2T that Mikey outgrew before he even turned 2.

IMG_3225
{Mikey's 2T's - purchased when he was 12 months old}

My now 21 month old is fully rocking the 3T, and I took great delight in emptying his closet of what no longer fit, and refilling it in an organized as possible manner. I'm sure he doesn't really appreciate it, but it helps me to know that my Husband (who is in charge of dressing Mikey in the mornings) can now easily find an outfit for the day that fits.

Even though it is fun to unpack a new wardrobe for Mikey, putting away the smaller sizes struck my squishy mom heart in an odd way (like always when it suddenly slams into me that Mikey isn't a helpless infant any longer) and it reminded me that perhaps there would be some cold and dreary days ahead in which I might long for these warmer days we are currently experiencing. So, with that in mind, I looked to our 10 day weather forecast to determine how many *hot* days we had left so I could plan to use them according. And what do you know, folks. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is our last triple digit day. Followed closely by two days in the 90's, and then a quick jump off into the 80's. Supposedly.

Break out the sweaters, people!!! In 3T, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment