Monday, September 20, 2010

{half baked}

Today I have officially reached the halfway mark in my pregnancy. The pregnancy I shall forever remember as the summer in AZ which turned into a fiery hellish inferno of ridiculous heat in September. Seriously people, the highs last week were INSANE! On my way back from the West Valley yesterday afternoon, the temps on my car registered at 112. Granted, it was only 108 outside, but for effs sake, AZ, give me a frickin' break! This morning at 5am it was a nice breezy 90 degrees outside. Nothing I love more than perspiration at the crack of dawn.

And I know, bla bla bla, AZ is great 9 months out of the year, quit yer' complaining. No. No no no. AZ is not great 9 months out of the year. Not to me. Not sure what my parents were thinking moving us here 22 years ago. It is HOT. It hits the 90's in April and doesn't relent until some time in October. So, in my book, AZ is UGLY 7 months out of the year.

If I were a smarter person, I would have gone to an out of state school - at least then I could justify the absurd amount I owe in student loans. And then maybe I might have stayed where I went to school. But now all I feel is trapped in this oven, and due to the current economy, I don't see my surroundings changing any time soon (sorry, Mother-in-law, I did so hope to be in the South East by this time).

I'm trying so hard to ignore the actual temperature outside, and cranking my AC down to freezing (take that, environmentalist whacko's) and burning pumpkin spice candles as fast as they will melt down, but it just isn't working. Perhaps my sister-in-law would be so kind as to forward me her Pumpkin Bread recipe.

At least sweet baby William is nice and cool in the 98.6 degree heat of my womb. Happy 5 months post creation. Everything appears to be coming along nicely in there - so keep up the great work! And I will do my best to get us moved somewhere more to my likings... like the North Pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment