Monday, April 12, 2010

{before & after}

With my new Canon 50mm f/1.8 II lens and Adobe CS4 installed, I went about snapping some pictures of my most favorite subject this afternoon. I probably should have started with something more simple than a toddler - something that doesn't move - but, I think they turned out pretty great anyway. The first picture is unedited, straight out of the camera (SOOC). The second image is the same image, with some slight layer adjustments made in Photoshop. Not bad for my first serious attempt at photo editing!

Eating Dinner:
IMG_4075before

IMG_4075after

Down the Slide:
IMG_4093before

IMG_4093after

Monkeying Around:
IMG_4117before

IMG_4117after

Don't mind me, I'm just getting up to no good:
IMG_4122before

IMG_4122after

Riding Mr. Frog:
IMG_4126before

IMG_4126after

Unless I'm planning on teaching photoshop tutorials, I doubt I'll do many before and afters - but I thought it would be fun this one time to show you not only what the new Lens can do without the edits, but with how much more awesome your photos can look with a few simple tweaks in photoshop.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Ahh, to get the Elements out again and play with it. My main goal is to use it for digital scrapbooking but I just haven't had the time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete