Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Madness...

March is my second favorite time of the year (after the time period of October 31st through January 1st cause I lurve me some Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas) and not just because my birthday is in March (the ides of March, to be exact) but because it also happens to be the month of my wedding anniversary (4 years!) and the month that it finally really truly warms up in Arizona!

I'm really trying hard to celebrate life. I really admire a couple of bloggers out there who rock the holiday world by celebrating even some of the more obscure (only obscure because I had never heard of them) holidays. When I think of their households, I'm sure it must rock to be growing up in them. I especially admire Grace over at Uncommon Grace and her dedication to bringing magical delight to her children all year long through the celebration of various holidays.

Because I'm not yet fully versed in all of the holidays out there, I'm going to try and make a bigger deal out of the holidays that I DO know about. So - St. Patrick's Day? Here I come!

And this year, because I like to stay hip with technology as much as I can afford to, my husband bought me a Kindle 2 for my birthday! It should get here today, and I'm super excited to be part of the e-reading world! I've already got a few ebooks purchased from The Kindle store, so as soon as it arrives I will be able to curl up with a book (well, probably not since I'll be at work, but you know what I mean). It should help take my mind off the fact that I'm turning 27 this year - when the heck did I get to the tail end of my twenties?


1 comment:

  1. 27!?!? You still have three long years to celebrate your 20s! I'm mid-30s now. That sounds oldish. Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete