Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Weekend Ritual...

Today has been peaceful, calm, serene. A perfect Sunday to end a somewhat stressful week. J and I have managed to get by the worst, and we are ready to begin again, starting over with the intimate knowledge of bankruptcy, foreclosure and all of the other worst possible things that anyone can experience financially. But, we are ok. We made it through, and we still have each other.


This week seems like a good week for soup. The cooler weather always makes me want to curl up with a good book, and of course fill up the house with the delicious scent of a home cooked meal. It isn't quite warm enough for pot roast, but we are getting close! In the mean time, I've got a potato and garlic soup planned out, as well as a leek and potato soup for this week.


I'm becoming more and more interested in vegetarian eating, but I'm worried what implications that would have for Mikey. I want to make sure he is getting everything he needs to grow up healthy and strong. Also, it doesn't help that J is very anti-vegetarian. For that reason alone, I am tempted to just continue on with my old habits. Cooking several different types of food for meat and non-meat eaters sounds like a lot of work!


Speaking of Mikey and his nutritional needs, J and I are worried that he isn't getting enough to eat. Now, of course looking at him you would think we were silly. He is easily in the 99th percentile for weight and height. My primary concern is that I'm not feeding him the right types of foods, and then again, I'm also concerned that I am not exposing him to enough variety.


I need to explore the internet and find out if there is a community especially designed for feeding children!


Big week ahead of us here in the Gaines household. We get the keys to the new place on Friday. I'll need to get the utilities and cable/internet turned on by Friday so we can start moving in right away. Did I mention that we haven't packed a single box? Yeah, probably should get on that, too. I'm sure I will take plenty of pictures to document all the excitement coming our way!


No comments:

Post a Comment