Sunday, October 11, 2009

About 'Making Gaines'

This blog is a gift. Imagine, if you will, that your mother, or grandmother, had started a scrapbook many years ago. Perhaps the day you were born, or the day she was married. And also imagine that this scrapbook chronicled the simple every day events, that when strung together over a lifetime, were truly magnificent. Wouldn't it be fantastic to be able to know the music your parents or grandparents were listening to, the foods they loved, to witness the seemingly mundane everyday events that you, or your parents or your grandparents experienced over the years? While the concept of blogging was one that I have always been enamored with, I have always struggled with a purpose in writing, until I realized that this blog wasn't for me. This blog is a gift to my children, and their children. A way to remember the good times, our struggles, milestones and accomplishments. This is my gift to you...


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment