Monday, March 2, 2009

One Hot Mess...

Poor Mikey - he has had a rough 48 hours. It all started on Sunday when Mommy decided to clip his fingernails and clipped his finger instead. Blood. Everywhere. Who would have thought a little slice on a fingertip would result in such massive loss of blood? After lots of kisses and cuddles, all was well in the world. Later that night Husband and I were giving him a bath, and afterwards I noticed that his skin was looking pretty dry. I busted out my new Aveeno Baby Lotion (for sensitive skin) and slathered him in it. The next morning I woke him up to find him covered in a skin rash! Yeek! Poor little guy. He didn't seem to mind it too much, but I still felt guilty.

Then, this afternoon, I took Mikey to his 2 Month Well Baby checkup. Poor little guy - he enjoyed being weighed and measured, and he loves the pediatrician. As soon as she left though, the nurse snuck in with 5 vaccinations and filled my poor baby full of holes! He SCREAMED! He Cried! Tears! Oh, but I cried more, lol. It was actually pretty upsetting because I realized he was staring right at my face, and of course I'm blubbering away --- I'm sure that didn't make it any better! After a few bandaids and some snuggles, we were on our way home, but Mikey was in sniffle melt down mode the whole way home (not that I blame him).

Once we got home, we curled up in the recliner together and napped the afternoon away. We both woke up to eat (and feed the daddy) at 7, and then it was more napping. Mikey was up again at 9:30 for the bedtime routine, and now he is sound asleep.

*sigh*

I don't know how many more of these well baby visits I can survive!

Anyway, at 2 months old (9 weeks, really), Mikey is weighing in at 14.5 pounds and is measuring 25 inches long. He is in the 95th percentile for weight and height, and the 75th percentile for head circumference. He's going to be a bruiser, I tell ya!

From Mikey 9 Weeks


From Rice Cereal 3.02.09