Friday, January 16, 2009

Life's Not A Race...

No truer words could be spoken. Nick Hexum is a genius.

From 2w4d


I know that in a very short amount of weeks, my little dude is going to be a completely different baby. He'll have a better digestive system, will cry less, and will be on a more reasonable sleeping schedule. He won't be sleeping in our room anymore.

From 2w4d


For now, he's a little fussy, a little gassy, and can't very well vocalize what he wants or needs from us. He is sleeping less, thus providing more time for him to cry. I actually found myself in tears today, so frazzled at my inability to soothe my child. I think sometimes that newborns must have growing pains that no amount of snuggling and swaddling can make better. Again - I know that this period will be brief, gone in a flash, and when Mikey is no longer a baby I will long again for a helpless infant.

From 2w4d


So, with that in mind, I'm going to do my best not to wish these days would fast forward themselves. I'm trying to cherish every moment, each diaper, the full bottle thrown up all over me, and the bed, and the baby. Although they seem hard right now, I know I'm going to miss these first early weeks I'm getting to spend with this amazing gift.

From 2w4d