Monday, December 15, 2008

Maternity Leave...

I'm thinking I might need to change my career path to become a Stay At Home Wife/Mom. In just one day I have managed to accomplish tasks that would have otherwise taken YEARS! Ok, I'm exaggerating, but not by that much. So, what can one accomplish between 8 and 4 when that silly thing called "going to an office" isn't getting in the way?

-Pay Bills
-Clean Out Fridge
-Take out Garbage
-Schedule Landscaping Company to Blow up my Backyard
-Drive into town to get car washed (Jeep is now worthy of car seat)
-Meet Husband for Lunch
-Pedicure (My feet are still fat, but at least my toes have snowmen on them!)
-Costco! (I accomplished 75% of the grocery shopping here --- the rest manana)
-Drive back to Maricopa
-Put all the food away
-zzzzZZZzzzz (this is me sleeping on the recliner)
-Dishes! (My sink was stacked to the ceiling with dishes for some reason)

Life is good :)Or at least it will be rather fantastic while I only juggle home and a baby. I'm sure it'll go back to insanity when I put work back in the mix. But - perhaps with a little help from Fly Lady and Dave Ramsey, I might be able to get my household to a tighter running ship over the next 8 weeks, and when I go back to work it will be easier to manage!

I leave you with a picture of Michael, at 37 weeks:

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I too read Jules blog and am also 37, nearly 38 weeks with a boy, Cohen. When are you due exactly? First? Mine is a second. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kerith!!! I am in complete awe..what greater thing could one ever accomplish?? Hugs to you and Mikey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one productive day you had! You'll never have another one like it if you become a SAHM. It's nice and all, but I haven't had a day that productive since...about 2002.

    Hate that the doctor changed plans on you! Can't wait to see how big Michael will truly be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,

    Thanks for stopping by :) This is my first, and my original due date is Jan 3rd, but since the baby is measuring so far ahead they aren't going to let me go to my due date.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, Jess!!!! Long time no talk :) How on earth did you find my little blog? I think about you a lot, especially around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,

    I don't know how I went so long not noticing that Sarah Palin is in your picture. /Jealous.

    It is funny - Monday was great, but I have done nothing but sit on my butt since then. It was all I could do to get out of bed this morning!

    Wonder why I'm feeling so sluggish, and can't wait to get my pre pregnancy ankles back.

    ReplyDelete