Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Final Countdown...

I'm caught in a strange fold in time where minutes seem to drag on an eternity yet flicker by in an instant all at the same time. I guess it all depends on what I'm focusing on at the moment. When I begin to put this pregnancy into perspective and realize that I'm counting by days now, that puts everything in perspective. Assuming Mike arrives based on the schedule set forth for him when I first saw a blank screen turn into a big "+" on a stick, I have:

19 Calendar days until Mike is "Full Term"
14 working days (24 calendar days) until my Maternity Leave Begins
9 days until my last ultrasound to measure for growth
4 Days until my self imposed deadline to have everything "ready" for baby

So, in these final days, I would be a big huge liar if I said I was loving everything about pregnancy. It is hard to walk, hard to sleep, hard to breathe and hard to stay awake. I've started to experience some form of contraction - they feel like menstrual cramps - but they usually only bother me in the mornings and are intermittent.

I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. My holiday begins this afternoon at 1:30 pm when I leave the office to head home and start making pies. I'll post the recipe and pictures of the concoction I am whipping up. Other than that I'm looking forward to putting my feet up tomorrow and taking a big long nap. To think that this time next year I'll have an almost 1 year old and the traditions I have grown accustomed to over the last several years may be completely different. Husband mentioned that he was feeling a bit saddened over not getting to spend time with June this year (my grandmother that passed away a year and a 1/2 ago). This will be the 2nd Thanksgiving we have spent without her and I still miss her a great deal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Turkey Day, stay safe, drive safe and eat til you collapse! Happy Thanksgiving!

***Congrats to my little sister, and her exciting news! Looks like Mikey is going to have a little girl cousin about 4 months younger than him :o)***

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you only have a little over a month left! Maybe those contractions you're feeling are muscles/tendons loosening up.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete