Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pregnancy Health, House Cleaning, Nursery Decorating

Yesterday I mentioned that I had been waiting in the drive thru at Jack in the Box. It sort of struck me after re-reading my post this morning that this whole pregnancy has not turned out the way I wanted it to. I knew that while Baby G was in my womb, I had full control of what nutrition he would get by making sure I ate the same. I have to say that I'm pretty dissappointed in myself. I don't eat too atrociously, but I ate FAR healthier before getting pregnant. I have never in my life eaten out so much or exercised so little.

Of course, I'm not one to beat myself up over it either, but I wonder if I will send poor Baby G into shock if I correct my behavior now? How pissed will he be to be deprived of skillet burrito's from McDonald's?

And I haven't exercised one time since finding out I am pregnant. If I were to hop on a stationary bike and pedal for 20 minutes, well, I'm not even sure I could make it 20 minutes at this point. But if I could, what would happen? I'm pretty sure I would pass out and die, lol, and that certainly can't be good for the baby.

I know what most of you will say - ASK THE DOCTOR! I did. She said just take it easy and everything will be fine. Don't run any marathons, but taking a nice long walk around the neighborhood won't hurt anything.

So, since I will be one of those mother's that makes the "ewww, yucky" noise every time we pass a McDonalds or other fast food establishment as I pass baby carrots to my toddler with a nod of approval, I had better cut the little guy off from all this junk food now! Afterall, they say that if you want your baby to have a taste for brocolli, you should eat plenty of it while they are in the womb.

Today is a big house cleaning day! I'm feeling pumped and motivated to do some major cleaning. I'm going to give this Flylady business a try, but I still want to mostly have a clean house when starting it and then use the Flylady system to maintain. Can't wait to no longer be living in CHAOS :)

Finally, Husband's parents called yeterday to let us know they had picked up the crib. Extremely exciting! That has me in somewhat of a panic as I realize that I need to finally get things straightened out enough for the baby to have a place to sleep! And of course, there are many projects I will be undertaking for the nursery, such as decopaged lettering to spell out Baby G's name for a wall hanging.

Remind me to charge my camera so I can take pictures of all this as it progresses!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice from the doctor. I don't think I exercised once when I was pregnant either. Not that I'm promoting that...but it will all be ok.

    I'm getting excited for you! Decoupage...that sounds crafty. Have fun getting everything set up!

    Oh, and I kind of gagged at the Enrique Iglesias reference. I had never made the Nek/Enrique connection. And now I hope that I'll be able to get it out of my head. I've actually only heard probably one of Enrique's songs, but he seems cheesy to me. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete