Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Marketplace...

Ladies and gentlemen, I am GIDDY over a new product that is being offered by the Microsoft Zune Marketplace. You see, I am the proud owner of a 80GB Zune MP3 player. I love my gadget - Husband really outdid himself for Christmas this year. Any who, in years past, I have obtained the overwhelming majority of my music through means such as napster, Kazaa, Limewire and now Mini Nova. Music is expensive. $20.00 is a lot for one good song and 12 craptastic fillers. I *HATE* that!! So yeah, stealing is wrong, but I will say that if I ever truly loved a band, loved their music, well, I would buy their damn CD. Recently, that has included Matisyahu, The Killers, Muse and of course I buy every 311 CD that comes out. I also haven't had to download a lot of the music I love. Husband is an avid CD collector, and we have somewhat similar tastes (although he is more country/rap, while I am more alternative/speed metal). Anyway, I was able to rip a lot of his collection to my computer and that saved a lot of needless downloading.

Where was I going with this??? Oh, yeah...

Zune finally came out with some AWESOME at the Zune Marketplace (which is similar to iTunes.com). Say it with me people... ZUNE PASS!!

For the low low low price of $14.99 per month (cheaper than most CDs) you can download UNLIMITED quanities of music from the Zune marketplace!! Holy crow! Sound too good to be true? It is, lol. Well, a little bit anyway. Similar to iTunes, you can only transfer the song to CD/PC 3 times, and transfer the tune to 3 Zune devices. But still - not bad! Not bad, Zune, you've got TheRightWife PAYING for her music! For the first time in my music listening career, I'm legit!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I will now add a Zune Widget that shows the songs that I have most recently listened to/downloaded on my sidebar :)

Are you interested? Do you have a Zune? Go Here to sign up and get your Zune Pass!!

My Zune:

No comments:

Post a Comment