Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Pursuit of Lazyness...

The last time I checked, the saying wasn't "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Lazyness..." but, if I was in that room, well, you know. There are certain things in life that I wish I had inherited from my grandmother, June. One of these traits was her drive. Go go go. Move move move. Accomplish Accomplish Accomplish! I am the total opposite. As with most things in my life, I will get all "list" done 5 minutes before the Apocalypse, at which point I will have 4:59 minutes of pure relaxation.

Lately, I feel that I have been using school as an excuse to not do the other important things in my life (namely, the dishes, the laundry, the diet). Waaah, statistics is hard, I can't do the cat box. What the eff is an ANOVA again?? How can you expect me to vacuum the couch at a time like this??? Oh, Christ, not another nonparametric test!!! I need a cookie. And a beer. /cry.

But really, I need to get over myself. I remember being in a class once at ASU where one of the middle aged ladies was holding down two full time jobs AND working on her degree. So while I do long for the day when I can come home from work and plop down in an inner tube in my backyard with a beer in my hand and pretend I'm floating down the salt river, for the next year I'm going to have to balance life, work and school.

And furthermore, why can't this be my troop of singing cockatiels?

No comments:

Post a Comment