Monday, February 18, 2008

Strong All Along...

Disclaimer: All you uninterested Men types, father-in-laws, anyone else who is not interested in reading about women stuff, stop reading :)

Back To "Normal"
I'm happy to report that my period has arrived! This is a momentous occasion, for it means that all is well in va-jay-jay land, and I can commence with the baby making. I don't think I have ever been HAPPY to see my period - well, except for once when I was 12 and I was desperate to finally get my first period (I quickly regretted this longing after the first arrived). I'm not sure why, but this seems to provide closure to the last pregnancy for me. My body is no longer under the influence of rogue pregnancy hormones and I have an official date in which I can predict the due date of the next pregnancy (November 24th, as a matter of fact, if we conceive this cycle). I'm excited to have another chance at pregnancy, and I'm excited to BE EXCITED about the whole thing. The last pregnancy really caught us both off guard, and we didn't know what to make of it. Of course we eventually came to terms with it all, but never the less, it is great that Husband and I are both looking forward to an eventual positive pregnancy test. I imagine the event will go something like this:



And in preparation for carrying our future spawn for 40 weeks, I'm having one last hurrah tonight and saying goodbye to all the "bad" stuff I love so well. Goodbye fast food, Diet Mountain Dew, Low Carb Rockstar, Two Buck Chuck, Sam Adams Master Brewer Collection and general 'Unwell' being. I gladly sacrifice my sanity for you, future baby Gaines. I pledge to get the recommended dosage of folic acid before bed each night. I promise to drink more water. I swear that I will get my ass moving (in a non-jarring way, of course, I don't want to give my future offspring shaken fetus syndrome after all). I'll do my best to take it easy, rest, try not to spazz out and get all crazy about work stuff. Oh - and I promise to get the nightly recommended 12 hours of sleep /nod.

Oh, and most of all - I promise to enjoy every minute of this future pregnancy, and not be in such a rush to get you past the "Shrimp" phase. That is right - you can be a shrimp for as long as you want!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you for being so dutiful to the little-one-to-be. May it happen quickly!

    BTW, I linked to you in my latest post. It's a meme someone invited me to do and I have invited you as well. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in the Meme game - unfortunately it forced me to face some sad realities - like the fact that I don't talk about my friends nearly enough in my blog and therefore was unable to link to a post discussing my friends :)

    ReplyDelete